The FCSE symposium features short courses given by world-renowned experts as well as hands-on workshops given by leading equipment suppliers.
During this edition, three short courses will be given:
- Short course A: “Nucleation and growth of self-assembled nanostructures: materials science of small things: self-assembly and self-organization” given by Joe E. Greene, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA;
- Short course B: “Ionized physical vapor deposition” given by André Anders, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA, USA.
- Short course C: “Fundamental aspects of reactive magnetron sputtering” given by Diederik Depla, University of Ghent, Ghent, Belgium.
- “Optical characterization and reverse engineering – Spectroscopic ellipsometry” with J.A. Woollam Co.;
- “Tribological properties of surface engineered materials” with Anton Paar.
As well as two free demos:
- Introduction to modern spectrophotometric tools with Agilent Technologies.
- Introduction to high-resolution optical and stylus profilers for surface metrology with Bruker and Systems For Research.