Maryam Bahrami - Anton Paar
Bin Zhang - Anton Paar TriTec SA
Sandeep Grewal - Anton Paar Canada
Etienne Bousser - Polytechnique Montreal
In order to properly design functional coatings, it is necessary to optimize the tribo-mechanical properties and adhesion of the coating/substrate-system (e.g. elastic modulus, yield strength, adhesion, intrinsic stresses, fracture, etc.) with respect to typical operating conditions. The ultimate goal is to find materials and structural solutions that keep the stress-strain field below the stability limits of the system while maintaining the integrity of the component. In this workshop, the main techniques used to evaluate functional coating mechanical properties (i.e. indentation and scratch testing) will be reviewed. The use of these techniques for the evaluation of the mechanical properties of different types of functional coatings will be illustrated with the help of case studies and participants’ questions.
- Introduction (company overview and instructor introductions)
- Instrumented Indentation Testing (IIT) – Fundamentals and applications
- Instrumented Indentation Testing (IIT) – Apparatus demonstration and methodology
- Instrumented Indentation Testing (IIT) – Live Q&A
- Scratch testing – Fundamentals and applications
- Scratch testing – Apparatus demonstration and methodology
- Scratch testing – Live Q&A 8) Final discussions and remarks marks
N.B. Q&A sessions: Live questions as well as specific questions sent by the participants at least 1 week prior to the workshop will be addressed.
Please contact Etienne Bousser at email@example.com for additional information and questions.