Welcome to the FCSE 2021 virtual symposium
The 9th International Symposium on Functional Coatings and Surface Engineering occurred virtually on June 14-17, 2021. You can purchase Ondemand access to the full recorded technical program including the posters until August 20, 2021. Pricing is $36 CAD for students and $60 for all others.
The virtual symposium focuses on the following topics and subjects:
- Thin films with tailored optical, mechanical, tribological, electrical, thermal and other functional properties;
- Smart coating materials and film systems;
- Vacuum and non-vacuum deposition processes and process control and diagnostics;
- Plasma processes and plasma-surface interactions;
- Thin film systems for passive and active optical filters and waveguides;
- Modeling and predictive tools for processes and coating system performance;
- Protective tribological coatings with enhanced wear, scratch abrasion, erosion and corrosion resistance, hydro- and icephobicity and other functionalities;
- Characterization methods: microstructure and the functional properties;
- Thin film materials and systems for optical, optoelectronic, aerospace, outer-space, energy-control, biomedical, micro-system, sensor, energy and other applications;
- Surface and interface engineering approaches for the control of adhesion, stress and environmental stability.
The virtual symposium features:
- Invited lectures of leading experts;
- Oral and Poster original presentations;
- Short courses;
- Workshops on coating characterization;
- Virtual exhibit;
- Discussion and networking sessions.
The symposium is organized by the Regroupement québécois sur les matériaux de pointe (Quebec Consortium on Advanced Materials – RQMP) and the St. Lawrence Chapter of the AVS Science and Technology of Materials, Interfaces and Processing in collaboration with the Society of Vacuum Coaters and with the Green SEAM (the NSERC Strategic Network on Green Surface Engineering for Advanced Manufacturing). It is hosted by Polytechnique Montréal and Université de Montréal.
Thank you to our collaborators